Electrical Injuries in New Jersey
Electricity is everywhere. From our offices to our homes and even on the roads in between, we all encounter electricity as a part of our daily lives. It is responsible for the incredible progress and the modern marvels of the last two centuries, and yet is also an incredibly dangerous and potentially deadly force.
When it comes to electricity, carelessness can cost innocent people their lives. Indeed, electrical exposure leads to hundreds of deaths and thousands of injuries in the United States every year.
More often than not, electrical injuries in New Jersey result from negligence. Common culprits include unsafe working conditions, defective product design, negligent performance by a service provider, or inadequate maintenance by a public utility. These can lead to severe electrical shock, electrical burns, permanent injury, and even death.
At The Law Offices of James C. DeZao, P.A., we understand just how catastrophic electrical injuries can be. Even a moderate injury can produce staggering medical bills and take an overwhelming toll on your quality of life.
We are here to help electrical injury victims. When negligence or recklessness is to blame, you and your family may be entitled to significant financial compensation pursuant to New Jersey personal injury law. We’ll fight to ensure you’re treated fairly.
Common Causes of Electrical Accidents
Electrical injuries can happen at home, at work, in public, or virtually any place supplied by electric power. In the vast majority of cases, they occur because of a preventable hazard that was unknown to the victim prior to the accident.
An attorney for electrical injuries in New Jersey can help with any of the following:
- Contact with electrical wiring
- Contact with overhead power lines (or buried / underground power lines)
- Contact with electrical components in an appliance or machine
- Exposure to power transformers
- Exposure to unsecured electrical components
- Problems relating to light fixtures (or wiring for lighting)
- Lightning strikes due to negligence
- Improper warning, signage, or instructions relating to the risk of electrical exposure
- Defective products (products liability)
- Electrical shock
- Explosion injuries related to electricity.
The Most Common Electrical Injuries
Exposure to electricity can cause a wide range of injuries. The damage may depend on the nature of the exposure, the extent of the voltage involved, the availability of immediate medical aid, and the health and age of the victim.
Some of the most common electrical injuries in New Jersey are:
- Low-voltage burns to the skin
- High-voltage burns, which affect the skin and the internal tissues or organs
- Cardiac injury, stroke, or other damage to internal organs
- Blasts (arc or flash burns)
- Burns from flames
- Fire damage to the body and/or personal property
- Blindness or other vision loss
- Hearing loss
- Falls (often caused by a shock or blast)
- Spinal cord injury
- Nerve damage
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Wrongful death.
How a New Jersey Electrical Injury Lawyer Can Help
Electrical lawsuits are more challenging than many other personal injury cases because of the scientific complexity involved. The claims may require keen insight in the fields of medicine or electrical engineering.
The Law Offices of James C. DeZao, P.A., has successfully represented numerous plaintiffs in these very kinds of cases, and we are proud to have cultivated valuable relationships with highly credentialed experts in electric injury and electrical engineering.
If you or a loved one has sustained an injury — whether at home or in the workplace — you deserve justice. An experienced New Jersey electrical injury lawyer can help you maximize your recovery and earn every dollar you deserve under the law.
Get Help from an Attorney for Electrical Injuries in New Jersey
At The Law Offices of James C. DeZao, P.A., we are dedicated to maximizing financial compensation for those injured in catastrophic electrical accidents caused by negligence. In the event of tragedy, we are also prepared to aggressively pursue a wrongful death claim to ensure justice for your family.
To schedule a free consultation with a New Jersey electrical injury lawyer, please call 1-855-432-2489 or use our online quick connect form. Remember, a time limit may apply to your claim, so it is in your best interest to act right away.
Our firm represents residents in all of New Jersey, including Parsippany, Troy Hills, Morris County, Essex County, and beyond.
Personal Injury Articles
- Traumatic brain injuries are more severe and happen more frequently than you think. TBIs account for approximately 30 percent of all injury deaths. A TBI is primarily caused by a jerk, shock or jolt to the head that disturbs the normal functioning of the brain. This can happen at work, while hanging out with friends, …
- The winter months mean you can finally look forward to a season of seemingly endless ammo for snowball fights, not having to worry about your frozen groceries melting in the trunk, and choosing between sledding or walking downhill. There’ s only one caveat: you have to enjoy all of these while treading through wet and …