Types of Malpractice Litigation in New Jersey
New Jersey Medical and Professional Malpractice
Mistakes can happen even by top professionals in their field. When a medical or other professional makes a mistake that causes an injury, you should consult an experienced malpractice attorney. The Law Offices of James C. DeZao, P.A., in Morris County can advise you if you should pursue a malpractice lawsuit.
Types of Medical Malpractice:
There are many ways practitioners can make errors during a patient’s treatment. Some examples of medical malpractice cases are:
- Diagnosis – This includes incorrect, miss and delayed diagnoses. Lack of or failure to obtain informed consent also falls within diagnosis error.
- Surgical errors – Surgical errors can encompass wrong site surgery, surgery performed on the wrong body part, surgery done on the wrong patient and surgical equipment left in a patient.
- Medication errors – Prescribing/administering medication to the wrong patient as well as holding back on medication that should be administered are both types of medical malpractice.
- Birth injuries – Sometimes, delivery mistakes may cause brain injuries to a newborn.
- Wrongful death – When a patient passes away as the result of an error made by a medical professional, this type of malpractice can be referred to as wrongful death.
- Misconduct – Actions that qualify as misconduct include: submitting fraudulent reports to an insurance company, practicing without a license, practicing under the influence of drugs or alcohol, discriminating against a patient, etc.
Medical malpractice can occur in any healthcare facility or doctor’s office. For example, doctors, nurses, hospital administrators, dentists, chiropractors, psychiatrists, and nursing home employees are just some of professionals who may cause an injury or accident while you are being treated. To learn more about how to file a lawsuit, speak with an experienced NJ medical malpractice attorney at the Law Offices of James C. DeZao.
Professional Malpractice and Misconduct:
We should select professionals based on their credentials, code of ethics, qualifications, and reputation. However, sometimes a professional is chosen because a relative worked with them, or an individual liked their ad in the phone book. The latter way to select a professional is not suggested.
Professionals aren’t exempt from making mistakes, and some can be just as frightening as bodily injuries. Typical professional malpractice and misconduct cases may involve brokers, accountants, and lawyers. Many of these cases cause financial hardships or damage your reputation.
Contact The Law Offices of James C. DeZao Today
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury as a result of possible malpractice, call our office at 1-855-432-2489. The initial consultation is free of charge, and if we agree to handle your case, we will work on a contingency fee basis, which means we get paid for our services only if there is a monetary recovery of funds. In many injury cases a lawsuit must be filed before an applicable expiration date, known as a statute of limitations. Therefore, please contact us right away to ensure that you do not waive your right to possible compensation.
Search Our Site
- 200,000. That’s the estimated number of patients who die each year in the U.S. alone due to medical malpractice. Unfortunately, as it is a common …
- The Osteo Relief Institute, a medical clinic specializing in knee pain in Wall Township, was shut down by state health officials on March 7 but …