- Failure to diagnose and properly treat medical emergencies. In emergency situations prompt and correct treatment is essential.
- Failure to diagnose and properly treat serious medical conditions. Often symptoms are overlooked or a patient is taken for granted. Sometimes x-rays and other test results are misread.
- Surgical mistakes. As slip of a knife can cause severe problems. Sometimes medical instruments or sponges are left inside a patient after surgery by mistake.
- Errors with medication or treatment. A wrong prescription or treatment can cause serious injury or illness.
- Delays in diagnosis. Many times diagnostic delay can have dire consequences, especially in the case of various types of cancer.
- Birth Injuries. Malpractice can often occur during labor. Complications arise that require immediate and proper reactions from doctors and nurses. Cerebral Palsy cases sometimes arise as a result of such medical mistakes.
- Failure to advise of diagnosis. A patient has the right to know the diagnosis so that he or she can properly assess treatment options.
- Lack of Informed Consent. A patient has the right to understand the risks associated with a particular type of treatment.
- Abandonment. A treatment provider cannot always simply stop treating a patient, especially in emergency situations.
Contact The Law Offices of James C. DeZao Today
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury as a result of possible malpractice, call our office at 1-855-432-2489. The initial consultation is free of charge, and if we agree to handle your case, we will work on a contingency fee basis, which means we get paid for our services only if there is a monetary recovery of funds. In many injury cases a lawsuit must be filed before an applicable expiration date, known as a statute of limitations. Therefore, please contact us right away to ensure that you do not waive your right to possible compensation.
Search Our Site
- 200,000. That’s the estimated number of patients who die each year in the U.S. alone due to medical malpractice. Unfortunately, as it is a common …
- The Osteo Relief Institute, a medical clinic specializing in knee pain in Wall Township, was shut down by state health officials on March 7 but …