New Jersey Car Accident Lawyer
Most of us hit the roads every single day, going to work, school, the store, or wherever our hearts desire. Getting behind the wheel can be liberating and even fun. After all, it empowers us to get to where we want to be. But it can also be dangerous.
Fortunately, we usually return home safe and sound. But auto accidents are a tragic fact of modern life, and the damages can be severe — even deadly. In most cases, car crashes are the result of negligence, which means that one of the parties involved failed to act responsibly or follow the traffic rules. When that happens, you are entitled to compensation for your losses.
At The Law Offices of James C. DeZao, P.A., we take New Jersey auto accidents seriously. If you’ve suffered damage because of someone else’s negligence on the roads, you shouldn’t shoulder that cost by yourself.
These cases aren’t always easy, but an experienced Morris County auto accident lawyer can help you navigate the process with compassion and care. We’re here to fight for what you deserve.
How to Handle a New Jersey Auto Accident
Few experiences are as rattling as the moments immediately following an auto accident. You may feel stunned, confused, frightened, or unsure about exactly what happened. Often, people do not realize right away that they are injured.
Because auto accidents can happen unexpectedly, it’s best to be prepared for one. Review the following steps now so that you’ll know what to do after an auto accident in New Jersey. If you’ve recently been in a crash, make sure to take each of these steps as soon as possible:
- Call the police to report the accident. This is necessary for every New Jersey auto accident, even so-called “fender benders.”
- Get immediate medical attention, even if you don’t think you’re hurt. Some serious injuries don’t become apparent for weeks or months, but a documented doctor’s visit in the immediate aftermath of the accident could help your case later on.
- Document everything. This includes a list of drivers, passengers, vehicle license plates, and eyewitnesses. You’d be surprised how easy it is to forget information after such a stressful ordeal. The more you write down right away, the more you’ll have to go on later.
- Do not talk to insurance agents. It’s okay to briefly report the accident to your own insurance provider, but don’t discuss settlement options without talking to a Parsippany auto accident attorney first.
- Be careful about what you say. Sometimes, we feel it’s polite to apologize after an accident — even if it wasn’t really our fault. But in a legal case, those seemingly innocent statements could be used against you. Let your Morris County auto accident lawyer handle the opposing parties.
- Get an estimate for vehicle damage or other property losses from a reputable repair shop.
- Contact a Parsippany auto accident attorney right away. The earlier you get legal representation on your side, the better. In fact, we recommend adding 1-866-919-9229 to your cell phone contact list right now so that you’ll have it handy later.
How Much Can a Morris County Auto Accident Lawyer Help You Recover?
Wondering what you could recover in a New Jersey auto accident? The law is designed to put you in the same financial position you would have been in had the other party not acted negligently. That means you may be entitled to more than just the damage to your car.
Depending on the circumstances of your case, an experienced Parsippany auto accident attorney can help you recover for the following losses:
- Medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Property damage (including the cost to repair/replace your car)
- Wrongful death following the loss of a loved one
- Emotional distress
- Brain damage
- Spinal cord injuries
These are but a few examples of compensable damages under New Jersey auto accident law. Every case is different. When you contact The Law Offices of James C. DeZao, P.A., an experienced Parsippany auto accident attorney can help you determine the potential value of your case.
Schedule a Free Consultation with a Parsippany Auto Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one has suffered in an auto accident because of someone else’s negligence, a Parsippany auto accident attorney at The Law Offices of James C. DeZao, P.A. can help.
We accept New Jersey auto accident cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that you’ll only pay for our services if we recover money on your behalf. There’s also no charge whatsoever for the initial consultation. But keep in mind that many cases are subject to a statute of limitation (or deadline), so you should contact a Morris County auto accident lawyer as soon as possible to file your claim while you still can.
Trust your case to a local, experienced, and trusted professional. Call 1-855-432-2489 or use our quick connect form to schedule a free consultation with a Parsippany auto accident attorney at The Law Offices of James C. DeZao, P.A. today.
Call the Law Office of James C. DeZao at 1-855-432-2489
The initial consultation is free of charge, and if we agree to handle your case, we will work on a contingency fee basis, which means we get paid for our services only if there is a monetary recovery of funds. In many cases a lawsuit must be filed before an applicable expiration date, known as a statute of limitations. Therefore, please call right away to ensure that you do not waive your right to possible compensation.
Very easy process- your office takes care of everything- thanks for all of your help!
James DeZao and his staff are professional, attentive and very thorough. Highly recommend.
Having Aglaia by my side from the beginning to end made this burden easier to bear. Her knowledge, honesty, sensitivity, and …
I also appreciate your good work. I will always recommend your office to others of the same case. Thanks,
Great team of people, I highly recommend them!
The office is always ready to help in any legal services I may need. They are helping me settle an over 15 year judgment and …
Amazing law office and with great people and lawyers. They are a large firm but they make sure you are noticed and cared for.…
It has been my utmost pleasure retaining the Law Offices of James C. Dezao, ESQ. I’m truly satisfied with the professionali…
Some of the most trustworthy, professional and experienced group of lawyers I have ever had the pleasure of working with. Gha…
Was great working with Jim. He got me more then I was looking w/o a lawyer even after his fee was taken out.
I hired DeZao Law for a contract dispute matter. His aggresive approach helped to resolve the issue quickly and in my favor. …
Dezao law firm was our first choice and couldn’t be more grateful to the team for all their work and dedication. Ghalib is an…
They worked with me from day one through the entire case. It was nice to know they had my back through the entire process.
Dealing with Dezao Law team has been a professional yet warm personal experience. I’ve trusted them from the beginning and …
We used DeZao Law for the sale of our home and purchase of our new home last year. The team was very attentive and the price …
I just want to say; as you know I drove you guys crazy with my worries but you take in stride and did wonderful threw it all.…
The services received were excellent. Every time there was an inquiry, someone was able to get back to me sometimes if felt a…
Ghalib Mahmoud worked on my fiancé’s immigration papers and while working on it provided me with great service, would always …
My experience with Mr. Dezao and his staff was exceptional. They made me feel like family throughout my case. His staff was a…
After searching for a lawyer who could accommodate my needs, I was referred to Mr. Mahmoud by a close friend. He was very kno…
I want to thank you and your office staff for all of the hard work that was put into my case. I will continue to refer people…
- Can dash cams help in automobile accidents? Dashboard-mounted cameras, or dash cams, provide valuable evidence when there is uncertainty about a case. With proper use, …
- Death by vehicular accidents is the leading cause of preventable death in the United States. Every year, millions of people are injured or killed in …